So last weekend we finally got out of the city and took a little day trip. It was much needed! I was going a little stir crazy in the city. At the advice of our friends we drove up north about 45 minutes to Caesarea National Park. The park is located right on the coast of the Mediterranean and is basically a large park full of ancient Roman ruins. And they actually let you walk and play around on the ruins instead of having to observe them from afar. Which means they probably won't last forever, but hey, at least we got to enjoy them! The crazy Israeli heat even subsided somewhat so we were thoroughly able to enjoy our day, despite a little wind. Of course somehow I still managed to sunburn my abnormally sunburn prone skin, despite the sunscreen I slathered on before we left. How is it that Phil can go without sunscreen and not get burned and I can slather on SPF 45 and still fry myself? I guess it is time to upgrade the SPF. Do they make SPF 100?!?!
Not too much has been going on this week. March Madness is finally over and I actually beat all 9 of Phil's brackets with the one bracket that I filled out in like, oh, about 5 minutes. And I know absolutely squat about basketball. Hee, hee.....I'm smiling about it but I don't think Phil finds it quite as amusing! So this week we managed to go out for some crazy expensive sushi and sake, went to one of the only Microbreweries in Israel, finally (after a zillion e-mails and phone calls from Phil) traded in our Ford Focus for a Mazda 3, and perhaps most importantly we learned that our shipment will be here on Sunday!!!! Yeah!!!! Everybody clap your hands and cheer for us! You have no idea how exciting this actually is for us! So Phil has a couple of days off next week so we can receive our goodies and start unpacking. Yeah for new clothes to wear, more than one set of towels, a computer of my very own to use whenever I want, our pillowtop king size bed and of course all my fun kitchen gadgets! Woo-hoo! I think it must be Christmas in April!
So other than that I have been reduced to taking pictures of Pumpkin because that's what wannabe crazy cat ladies with no children do when they are taking a break from their knitting. This is her new favorite hiding place....
And last but certainly not least here is the infamous horse cart video as promised earlier. Make sure the sound is on or it just won't be the same! A friend of ours took this from their apartment. Hopefully at least one person will find this as amusing as I do. I still laugh at it, every single day.....
2 comments:
HAHAHAHAHA!!! That was really really funny. I like how the cars just keep honking behind him. If that guy kept waking me up in the morning, the first phrase in hebrew I would learn is "Shut the hell up!!!"
Beautiful pictures of Caesarea - how I loved walking the seashore when I was PM. Did you know that your basketball team made the Final Four? Maccabi Tel Aviv, I mean - they made the Euroleague Final Four. And, tonight they play their rival Jerusalem (if you thought Duke/UNC was big . . .) - you should go!
Post a Comment