Ha-ha!!! Totally jinxed myself with that last blog! So our shipment did arrive yesterday as expected, however, our lovely computer is not working. Seriously, not funny. Apparently it was angry that it had to be closed into a small crate and shipped across the ocean because it has decided it just does not want to work for us. So Phil has been trying to trouble shoot the problem, although so far, with no luck. He's pretty sure it is the hard drive and we thought we had brought our old hard drive with us (Phil replaced it with a bigger one not long before we left), but so far it has not showed up in any of our boxes. Sigh. I may be blogging on the laptop (or I guess I am a little behind the times, I guess they call them "notebooks" now) for the rest of our time here!!! That would be totally annoying, so I only hope that we are able to get the problem fixed and that we do not have to buy a new hard drive. The good news is that we backed up our hard drive before we left and brought the back-up with us. So at least we didn't lose anything important!
So our apartment now looks like a war zone, with half empty boxes, 10 tons of packing paper, and our stuff scattered all about. Not to mention the enormous pile of "junk" that belongs to the lady who owns this place that we are still trying to return. We are slowly unpacking everything and trying to find new homes for all our stuff. I got most of the kitchen unpacked but decided that I had to wash everything before I put it away. So I have been running load after load in the dishwasher and handwashing dishes since yesterday afternoon. Is that crazy? I mentioned before that I was a wee bit germaphobic, so am I the only one that does this? Just curious because it does slow down the unpacking process quite a bit. As does re-washing (I say RE-washing because I washed it all before we packed) all the linens and towels. Ahhhhhhh...the joys of moving. It's just so much fun! After we move back home in a couple years may we not have to move for a really, really, really, long time!
Well I am sure everyone is shocked that I posted another blog so soon. I am a little shocked myself. Mostly I am just procrastinating from this huge mess that is surrounding me. I am hoping that if I ignore it long enough it will just disappear. But I suppose I am only kidding myself so I had better get back to work. Until next time.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hope the computer is working itself out. I'm glad your belongings have arrived. Hope appliances follow shortly. Take care of you, both of you. Love, Mom
Melissa,
Glad your boxes arrived. Unpacking is a bitch, but will be so worth it. Your cousin Dan is leaving for Israel May 7th. He got the two week trip, so I think he will be finished May 20th or 21st. I have begged him to let you know what is going on, so far he has been Philiping around! He is waiting to hear what day Birthright is changing his plane ticket to. He will let you know ASAP. Have fun unpacking and getting reaquainted with your stuff!
Love, Aunt Denise
How's the unpacking going?
Miss you!
Love,
Cat
Our place would still look like a war zone if we did not have a huge basement! Good luck finding a place for everything. I am glad your stuff has arrived, it is fun to unpack things you almost forgot you had.
Post a Comment