So we had an eventful weekend (at least for us because we are usually fairly boring and lame). On Friday we prepared for our very first dinner guests. And our very first meal cooked in/on our new awesome 5, yes 5!, burner stove. I've died and gone to heaven. Okay, not quite but almost. You see my huge gargantuan cookie sheets that I bought back in the US are still just a hair too large to fit into this oven. The ovens here are just a wee bit teeny. Or maybe the ovens back home are just exceptionally ginormous. (Yes, ginormous is offically a word in the dictionary now.) But none the less I am going to enjoy the hell out of this stove because as you can tell from the pictures, it is a very large step up from what we had before! For our dinner guests I made stuffed mushrooms, Caprese salad, shrimp scampi over pasta and chocolate chip blondies for dessert. It was all quite delicious (if I do say so myself) and I meant to take pictures but after a couple glasses of wine, I totally forgot. Oh, well, there are plenty of other pictures for you to enjoy.
So on Saturday we met up with some of our Israeli friends (we met them while we were in Portland) and headed down to Old Jaffe. Which is just on the south end of Tel Aviv. As you can see from the pictures, it was an absolutely gorgeous day and perfect for being outside. Warm, but not the stifling humid summer heat that we have to look forward to for many months to come. We spent several hours walking around and touring the old city and little alley ways. And despite the lack of public restrooms (there were several actually, but all oh-so-conveniently closed, on a hot day, while I was chugging water to keep from getting dehydrated), fun was had by all.
This Thursday is Yom Ha'atzmaut, Israel's Independence Day, and because it is the 60th anniversary of the establishment of the State of Israel, we were told it was going to be quite the party. Phil has the day off of work and we are planning on getting out into the city and seeing all the festivities....whatever they shall be. Let's just say, we are looking forward to this holiday a little bit more than Passover.
Well, I don't have much to say because not a lot has happened. It's actually nice to not have to vent for once! So no stories today about rude pushy people or men that carelessly ruin my nice floor. Just some pictures for everyone to enjoy. Do I dare say it? I think, I just might, might, be feeling just a teeny tiny bit of love......but shhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone!
3 comments:
Ooooh, I loved the pics! More, please. :-)
Glad to hear you are finally feeling some love. And Dustin is very, very proud of your dual TV system. Don't you remember, that's the setup from the boys' house on Tejon, senior year.
Wow, what wonderful pictures you included this time! I knew the apartment would feel like home once you got your own things unpacked. You are amazing.
And, what a terrific dinner you prepared on your amazing new oven. So what if the cookie sheets don't fit. You can always buy new ones.
I'm so happy things have turned around and you are smiling again.
Love, Lynn
I loved the little slide shows, thanks for welcoming me into your lovely home.... too bad I could not make it for dinner! It is amazing how the little things like a new oven can make a "ginornous" differnce!
Post a Comment