Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hello Holyland!

Alright, here it is! I am officially a blogger now. I decided the easiest way to keep all of our friends and family up to date was to start a blog that chronicles our journey and travels over the next couple of years. I will try to post often, however, at some point our life over there may become just as boring and mundane as our life in the states and I may run out of interesting posts. It probably won't stop me from posting though and you might become progressively more bored as time carries on.



Before I really begin, let me just preface this entire blog by saying, I AM NOT A WRITER!!!! Whatever writing talent my mother possesses was passed right onto my brother and totally eludes me. In fact, I have been procrastinating starting this blog for fear of humiliation as I let all my friends and family see just how uncreative and inarticulate I actually am! I use small words (inarticulate is actually a big word for me!), I dangle participles, I misplace modifiers, and like a dear friend of mine, I love a good run-on sentence. (Sorry Mom!) So while this blog will not be award worthy writing material, I hope at the very least it will be mildy entertaining to everyone and provide some decent procrastination material to all.



So, let me begin by screaming...........AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! We are currently in the middle of chaos and I probably should not be wasting my time writing this, as we have a Zillion things to do before tomorrow when all our belongings will be packed and shipped out to sea. Sea you say? Why don't they ship it by air you ask? Well, just so happens we are taking our bed with us and they cannot send it by air and cannot (or rather WILL not) send the bed by sea and the rest by air. Therefore, we will have to wait 8-10 weeks for our stuff to arrive! At least there will be a spare bed in our apartment (which we got by the way and will be ready and waiting for us when we arrive), so we won't have to camp out for two months. However, that means we must figure out exactly what we cannot live with out for the next two months and then figure a way to fit everything into our luggage without having any piece go over 50 pounds. So that, along with selling our cars, cleaning out the refridgerator, doing laundry and pulling our hair out, is our romantic Valentine's Day plan!



So assuming all goes well, we will be on a plane to Florida (with the cat and her mountains of official veterinary/USDA notarized paperwork in tow) early Saturday morning. Seriously, it's just a CAT!!!! After a couple days there with family, we will be off to Tel-Aviv on Monday afternoon, arriving there on Tuesday evening. Hopefully, Pumpkin won't completely hate us by then, and we will have a few days to settle in before Phil must report for duty. We are defnitely ready and excited to get over there and get settled. We have been talking about this move for so long that it almost seemed like it was never going to happen, and now I'd really like to ask for just a couple more days to get ready. Please? Pretty, pretty please?

Well, with that I must get to work. Happy Valentine's Day to all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great start! Welcome to the blogosphere. :-)

Happy V-Day, can't wait to hear more!

Cat

Unknown said...

Aunt Rose here. I met you as you walked down the aisle and looks like Uncle Efraim (aka Freddie) will be your first family to meet you in Israel. I'll send you his cell phone later. He leaves from JFK tonight!

Meanwhile, we all wish you all the best on these next steps in your life. You're on your way!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lis,

Greg, Angela and Spike here. Can't wait to read all about your adventures.

And yeah, you're right--I got all the writing talent! Ha ha! ;-)

P.S. Spike-o says "THANK YOU!!" for the Valentine's card. He did have a fun birthday and enjoyed all his gifts.

Brando said...

Yay! Walker in the blogosphere! I'll be sure to read often, assuming you'll be posting often. Have fun, and happy v-day!

Mom said...

I hope I can figure this out. So far, so good. I know your dad and I will enjoy perusing Melissa and Phil's excellent adventures.

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
Wishing you a very happy birthday. May all your wishes come true. I have really enjoyed reading the blog and look forword to new entries. I just ran a half marathon (My first) in a respectable 2hrs 13 min. I might do it again, since I'm sure it is like giving birth, you forget how painful it is! Just kidding. I'm working on Uncle Eddy to visit next year. One can only hope. Give my love to Phil and celebrate!!
Love, Aunt Denise